Sunday, October 14, 2007

If I Had Come Out

If I had been able to come out to my co-workers last Friday, it would have happened like this:

Me:

Hey, folks, I'm gay.

them:

Chill, no prob, man.

Ok, here's the story. In spite of my mental preparation, our little department never went out for lunch last Friday, which precluded us from having a regular meeting spot that would be conducive for my little revelation.

I'm not really worried about it. When it happens this coming week, I'm sure it will work out fine.

On to other posts.

3 comments:

S and D said...

I came across your blog by accident...I am sure we dont have much in common but I just wanted to say how flippin funny your blog is...it was a delight to read, thanks for sharing to this stranger ;0)

Nate said...

Today my partner commented on how unusual my separation is - no seething hatred, etc. I pointed out it would make sense some day and left it at that. It was such a perfect moment to just do it and it was so tempting. Soon enough I suppose.

Anonymous said...

your blog is awesome. I can tell you've had experience writing before.

specifically, I've noticed that it can be the slightest change in plans, a difference from one's vision of how coming out to a specific group at a particular time and place will be and the reality of what was, because these speculations are all after-the-fact; they don't exist if you do come out, which is so akin to a prey animal's neck hairs standing on end: something just isn't right, so it's better to blend in. That is the option which has no immediate, potential cost.