Sunday, August 26, 2007

Blogworthy

Blogworthy

Being new at this, I am still searching for a voice in this medium. I must admit to having started this blog with less than a clearly focused goal. Therefore, one of the biggest challenges is to determine content. That, for me, can be a tough, since I’m not usually self-directed as a writer.

I’m a hired writer--hired to write news, ads, corporate crap. Give me a topic about corporate safety, and I have five paragraphs ready for print, including quotes and colorful examples. About myself, it’s not so easy. Although I could come up with a quote and a colorful example from this Friday night's take home (a very nice and horny man from Kansas City), I'm a little hesitant to be so revealing about myself.

And that’s part of the goal of this endeavor. To find my own voice. To challenge myself to speak out on issues that are important to me, and that I feel are important to share. I’m the decider here.

So, on that note: this blog is dedicated to things I find blogworthy, and things I do not:

Blogworthy
About being gay
About being 50
About children (mine)
About neighbors
About ex-relationships

Non-blogworthy
Babies
The weather
What I had for breakfast
What I did this weekend
Karaoke

Ok, that’s a start.



1 comment:

Nate said...

Well put. There has to be a point to it, not only for those reading but equally important for me.