Monday, January 7, 2008

2008 Begins Auspiciously

So the year began. Not much new, except for an unexpected encounter with the ex wife. Mind you, we haven't spoken in about 2 years now, and it's New Year's Day. She's with her fiance, who I have not been introduced to. They're at my place to drop off a desk of mine, which she wants out of the house, and to pick up the kids. Also, as background, she has been specifically banned from ever entering any home of mine. Ever since my first apartment....but that's another story.

They drive up. I rouse the kids, who are ready to load up their stuff and help bring the desk in. They know the rules. She comes up the steps, carring a couple of desk drawers. The first words out of her mouth are: "You ought to thank me for carrying these up here."

I took them from her without an immediate response. On her second trip up, I said, "It would be nice if you had the grace to at least wait for someone to thank you before demanding it. Have a happy new year, by the way."

She responded coldly, "WE WILL," as if she could will herself.

The way I see it, It can only get better from here on.

Happy 2008.

At the very least, we'll be getting a new President!

No comments: