Thursday, September 13, 2007

Commuting New Car? (part 3 for now)




The trusty Toyota yields in the face of the Civic Si. No surprise here, really, is there? A 1990 Camry DX vs. a 2003 Civic Si? I mean, the DX vs. the Si; suffixes tell the whole tale, don't they?

But on my way home from the dealer, I stepped heavily into the trusty Toyota's gas pedal, and heard the predictable push of the valves and the groan of the exhaust of the once admirable, 2.0 twin cam engine, which was always more about transportation than enjoyment, anyway. It brought disappointment to my face after test driving said Civic this evening.

Not yet, say I, to the beautiful six speaker sound system that will some day shamelessly sing Karen Carpenter songs to the masses imprisoned at intersections.

Not yet, say I to the beautiful moonroof, which allows a view of the stars while staying warm through three seasons.

Not yet, say I to the pressure (as in "you may feel some pressure" as this happens) in my neck as I downshift and accelerate to 60 in what seems as an instant, compared to the trusty Toyota, which somehow was just fine until I test drove that Honda after work.

Not yet, say I to the smile that came on my face. I have to figure out how to pay for this simple luxury.

Not yet.

Soon, however.

No comments: