Monday, September 10, 2007

Commute - Part 2 Road Time

The lengthy, and somewhat relaxing commute leads to think time on the road. I'd like to think that absence of good radio, and the recent malfunction of my car's cd player (after the recent theft of most of my cd's--but that's another story), lead me into introspection, but that's not really true. I can daydream and pontificate on a variety of topics. Today's topic is road music: guilty pleasures.

I confess a soft spot for the following 80's bands. I'm not sure why; outside of that these were not the mainstream "pop/culturally significant" bands of the 80s, such as U2, REM, and, well, U2 and REM, eh?

Here's a few that always get me going:

Def Leppard - Pyromaniac
VanHalen - mostly Roth stuff because he had such attitude, but occasionally Sammy could hit it.
AC/DC - Back in black sounds better than ever
Journey - Lovin' touchin, squeezin, et. al.

Ok, I guess I'm listening too much to the "classic" rock station on my way to work. Back to NPR tomorrow. I promise.

No comments: