Tuesday, December 18, 2007

The snow



It's always a little extra quiet on the morning after a snowfall. Something about the thick blanket covering all that mutes sound. That, and the fact that there is very little traffic.





This picture is from early afternoon, Sunday, the 16th. I had just finished shoveling the walks, and brushing off my car. The trusty Toyota, in full winter beater glory.

I've been looking at newer cars for such a long time. Dreaming of one, actually. It is tough making a decision on my own this time. I just don't want to tie up too much money into a car, yet, I am a car nut, who's been deprived of a great ride for many years.

I said to a co-worker, "Think of it this way...a guy my age has been driving and owning family cars for many years, this middle-age sports car thing is not an attempt to recapture youth, it's an attempt to just have some fun again."

In the meantime, I'll wait at least another month or so to get one.

No comments: