Sunday, December 9, 2007

Merry Christmas Darling


Ok, I can be a sentimental old fool. My eyes get moist sometimes, and even if I brush it away with the back of my hand, I can see the dried tears later when I wash my face or squeeze an errant blackhead from my post-post adolescent face.


What tears me up? Sometimes the silliest plots or moments on TV. Crap like Little House on the Prairie or the Waltons, even. Sometimes it's something a little more significant, like music.


Yesterday, I spent part of my Christmas Bonus on an Ipod. I bought an 8 gig Nano, and hope it's big enough. I never thought I would enjoy one so much. Loading my music and listening has been a treat.


That Carpenter's Christmas CD I bought last year finally got cracked open and downloaded.


Merry Christmas, Darling.


And so much more.


James Taylor. Mexico.

Stevie Wonder. Isn't She Lovely?

And lest you think I have a totally "classic" music collection, there's a few from NIN also. Those don't make me cry, though.


I think having this Ipod kind of makes up for losing a large number of CD's this summer when my car was broken into.


Merry Christmas to me. Or happy birthday. (Doesn't matter--for those who don't know, my b-day is on December 25.)





No comments: